Sunday 1 September 2013

Be Gritty!



“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” -  Ralph Waldo Emerson

I strongly believe in this quote. No matter how many failures I taste and how many downfalls I experience, I always want to do what I want to. I really don’t give a fig if others think I am a fool as I believe in walking my own path. And yes, I have been called mule headed many times for this trait of mine, and still, I carry on what I do. I know, it’s irritating for others but then what to do? You can’t live your life the way others want you to, can you? When I see this trait in others, I get deeply impressed. And multiply that awe by 10 times when I see a lady doing that.



So when I read about Shaifali Agarwal, CEO of EASYFix, I was more than impressed.
Here I am seeing a female who is not only following her dream but she’s doing it in style. Apart from trying to organize the widest unorganized sector of the country, Shaifali has entered the industry where females have never dared to tread. Until now, that is.

So what is EASYFix and how is it different?

In simple terms, EASYFix offers maintenance and repairs services, including carpentry, plumbing and electrical services. In this age where the services are availed with just one click, there are still some services that will just puzzle you and fuddle your mind. Home repair and maintenance services are a part of those mystifying services. Just imagine you get up in the morning one fine day only to find the tap or a shower in your bathroom refusing to operate the way it should. How frustrating and irritating that would be? Whom will you call? Most probably you will end up rifling through your contacts diary to get the number of your local plumber. Also, what if he doesn’t come on time and you have to go to work for an important meeting? You will probably end up taking a leave for such a stupid reason or go through the day at work with this annoying task playing havoc with your concentration. Then there’s EASYFix for you. Just place the call and the handyman will come to your home at your time and convenience. What more anyone can want?

Also, the company is not just helping its clients, it’s also helping handymen in a big way by offering them a stable income, a chance to develop their skill set and an opportunity to improve their standard of living.  So it’s definitely a win-win situation on both the sides, isn’t it?

What I admire the most in Shefali?

Well, there are tons of things in Shefali that simply dazzle me. One of them is her courage. She doesn’t back down from taking up challenges, no matter how daunting they are. Proof? The way she started her company. The way she runs her business, the way she has modeled her business operations and her future plans. Listening to her, you will simply galvanize into action, thinking how can I make it big? Why can’t I too be like her?

Of course, you and I both can be like her. We just need to nurture our dreams with passion and pride. And the Pollyanna in me says only one thing: we will make it big, with a bang no less.

Written for the Indiblogeshwaris Ladies Independence Special Contest in association with http://womenentrepreneursinindia.com/





8 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I understand... it must have been an interesting journey for you studying Shaifali's life! Good luck for the contest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and so true. Shefali is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish i was that way too :( sometimes i do act the way people want me to and then end up cursing myself on why i would do such a thing..maybe fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vidhi, you are not alone. Many of us sail in the same boat at one point or the other. But I hope one day you will learn to say enough is enough and I will be my own woman. Best of luck :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Pankti! It's a great blog you got here :)

    Would like to discuss some synergies with you. Please drop me an email here: saniya@cashkaro.com

    ReplyDelete